There are currently fourteen maps in the Brawl Stars rotation for Season 8. This will be based on my opinion and which maps I like the most. I’ll be ranking the best showdown maps currently in Brawl Stars down below!
The Bottom Four That I Rarely Play 11-14
14. Double Trouble: This is my least favorite map because of boring its layout is. I just don’t enjoy the setup they have, and I feel like it just has nothing special to it. I feel like it has too many long-range brawlers, and it becomes a snipe-fest which is fun at times, but not always. Not a great map.
13. Acid Lakes: Acid Lakes is very similar to Double Trouble because of the long-range brawlers ruling it. There is a center that is just so annoying when you get pinched. It is definitely a decent map and better than Double Trouble, but just not my personal favorite.
12. Rockwall Brawl: Rockwall Brawl is 100% the most overrated map in Brawl Stars, and I would love for it to be gone. It just has too many annoying throwers that seem to dominate. I do like the energy drink modifier, but not when it is with a Tick or a Dynamike. I’m ready for this one to hit the archives.
11. Risky Cliffs: Risky Cliffs is my least favorite of the newer maps, and I think it has sooo much potential to be a great tanky map. But then the stupid asteroids rain down and destroy the map to pieces. I love the center layout, and sneaking around in there is great. Get rid of the meteors!
Mediocre Maps, But Could Be Better With a Few Fixes 7-10
10. Feast or Famine: Feast or Famine is an alright map, and it is definitely tank heavy, as everyone rushes for the middle. I think that I’ve seen it for so long that it has gotten a little boring. If they add a few more boxes on the outside, then it would be balanced and a lot more competitive for 1st place.
9. Dark Passage: Dark Passage is a very solid map, but I feel like it is the worse version of Dark Fantasies. And why couldn’t they think of two separate names?! This is one of the better sniping maps, and I think that it has one of the unique layouts of the maps. Definitely not terrible, but I think it is too repetitive.
8. Stocky Stockades: I placed Stocky Stackades at eight because it hasn’t dropped in-game yet. All I know is that it will be 1000% better than Stormy Plains. By looking at Stocky Stockades, I think it has great potential to climb the rankings and be one of the favorites.
7. Cavern Churn: This map is right in the middle because it brings me satisfaction and also lots of anger. I absolutely love controlling the center of this map but can’t stand some of the cheeky strategies with Bo, Tara, Tick, and Rico. If I could ban certain brawlers on this map, it would be #1.
Maps 4-6 That Just Missed Out Being Some of My Favorites
6. Dune Drift: Dune Drift is a solid map, and it has its upsides. I think that there is a balance between long-range and short-range brawlers, which I really like in maps. I feel like the one downside on this map is that I get pinched way too often, which enrages me.
5. Skull Creek: Skull Creek is such a classic match, and I absolutely love that I can play any brawler on this map. I think there are tons of duos that absolutely destroy, and I love how it forces you to stay out of the middle. Then there are great fights on the outside as well. A classic map!
4. Dark Fantasies: Dark Fantasies is one of the newer maps, and I think it is one of the most unique. I look forward to teleporting through the portals on the outskirts and destroying long-range brawlers. I also think the intersection layout is a super cool feature!
The Best Three Maps That I Absolutely Love Playing 1-3
3. Scorched Stone: Scorched Stone has consistently been one of my favorites for a few seasons. I really really miss the robot feature and looked forward to playing brawlers like Lou, Gale, and Pam, who aren’t great in Showdown but were amazing on the map. Still have a blast on this map even without the modifier!
2. Mystic Touch: Mystic Touch has a great name and a great layout. This is one of the best energy drink maps that they have in-game, and I love sneaking around in the bushes along the outside and then escaping through the gaps—such a brilliant map setup.
1. Safety Center: This is by far my favorite map of them all. The middle part of this map is unmatched, and I love peaking the corners in the center. It also has a good amount of boxes and fighting happening outside the center. I always look forward to playing this map when it releases on Thursdays!